Wednesday, November 16, 2016

BLOG: Privacy

The social networking platforms are public domains that anyone around the world can access as long as they have internet connection on their communication devices. Consequently, they can view one’s details on the social platforms, especially when one has not limited the people accessing their profiles. In my case, I have received different unnecessary messages from unknown people asking me for money. I consider that as an invasion of my privacy since I do not recognize the senders of the messages and since they are out to con me. In other cases, I have received disturbing images that I consider offensive. Such access is almost uncontrollable and an act of privacy invasion. Social media platforms also present a suitable channel for hackers to execute their activities. For example, one of my social media accounts was once hacked, and the perpetrators sent unpleasant messages to my network friends. As mentioned, social networking is advantageous on different levels, but an invasion of privacy is significantdisadvantage that affects the users.    

No comments:

Post a Comment